Dec 18, 2006

She's Back

Nicole "I want my mummy" said Eloise yesterday. I'm sure I didn't imagine it. "Mummy mummy mummy" we chanted in the car. I wanted to train her to say "Are you my mummy" then maybe hawk her out for parts on Dr Who but that proved a little ambitious.

We had to hang around a little while at the airport as the flight was late and Chris tried to smuggle in some Marmite, or at least failed to declare it, but heventuallee out they popped, up we popped, and after some cuddles off we popped home. No text message nonsense this time, there was nowhere to hide behind. We did make some signs during the day, but I thought that would probably backfire.

Anyway she's back and we're all mightily relieved. Eloise took a few minutes to get used to the idea but inviegled her way back into her mother's affections by way of the tactic of gazingly lovingly into her eyes and stroking her hair all the way home.

The real result was, they weren't hungry so I didn't have to cook!

Nicole got up early this morning to get Chris to the airport and off to NZ so he can get back to keeping things green. Eloise went to the Nursery and we matched round Coot-tha. It is Monday after all. Then we popped until Wilston for a low-key celebratory meal with chips, then to the cinema to see James Bond which was pretty good.

She (Nicole) has been on good form but started to flake out around 5, when we picked up Eloise. She lasted til 8 o'clock and is now comatose.

1 comment:

  1. I look very jet lagged in this photo. I didn't want it taken but him with the camera insisted.

    ReplyDelete