Dec 16, 2006

24 Hours


In 24 hours time I will hopefully be at Brisbane Airport waiting pensively - but probably actually chasing Eloise around - for Nicole to walk through Arrivals and into my arms. Perhaps I will hide somewhere and send a cheesy text for old time's sake.

It seems like a geological epoch has passed since she left and I have missed her terribly from day to day, but I think I can feel reasonably proud of myself as neither Eloise nor I have developed any sort of complaint that can be attributed to malnutrition or neglect... that I've noticed.

Although from the neglect point of view, for logistical and prioritisation reasons the dogs didn't get a walk today. In fact we didn't actually leave the house. It has threatened to rain all day and Eloise was very tired in the morning so daringly I actually put her to bed around 11am and she slept for three hours. By the time she woke up a storm was coming in and it poured with rain for several hours. 50km or so North of here in the Glass House Mountains someone was struck by lightning as a massive storm front moved across the state with 200kmh+ winds. All we got was some thunder and a bit of a downpour. If you're interested, and you're probably not, you can see a Brisbane weather radar here.

Anyway besides all that and the doggy agititation that went with it, we've had a nice day and Squeaky was in bed by seven.

I'll probably do a bit of housework tomorrow and spruce this up a bit. Heaven knows I may even stretch to changing the bed sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment