Dec 13, 2006

Seaside

End of the Pier We got up at 8 o'clock this morning (I have now started using "we" instead of "I," which is a bit worrying). Got breakfast started, then on the video blower to wifey for the daily morning briefing which I can't hear.

We went to the Brook and we played on the rocks for an hour or so. Eloise is developing quite a little mountaineering yen. She jiggles - very hesistantly I might add, and not unassisted - from one rock to another, sits down and dips her feet in the water.

We had a kip from about 12.30 until 2, and this time I do mean "we," as last night was disturbed by doggy disruption - ie barking at strange thingies in the back garden and the agitation that followed on from that; Matilda having a splatter in the back garden (and getting me out of bed to allow her the privilege) after eating something unsavoury at the beach yesterday; more barking in the early hours as a thunderstorm rumbled over.

I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do in the afternoon. I needed to go to the library, but didn't fancy it - I've finished 800 pages of Robert Ludlum, which was 790 pages of bonehead buildup to a 10 page resolution, cheesy ending and all. I needed to go to the shops but didn't fancy it.

So I thought we'll go to the seaside instead. So off we went to Shorncliffe and walked up and down the pier. There were sinks dotted up and down the sides, and Eloise likes sinks, so it took us a while to get to the end. She was delighted by a tame heron which was stalking around the top end of the pier. She was fascinated by being able to look through the gaps between the plans of the boardwalk and see the sea swilling around below.

We got back for about 6 and talked to Nicole. Her Nan's funeral is today. I hope it goes all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment