Dec 22, 2006

First hand tick experience

I think I must have slept for a good 12 hours last night only to be woken by Neil jumping up and down on the bed swatting mosquitos. It is the best nights sleep I have had this month and consequently woke up feeling drunk on sleep. We were sat having breakfast when my right foot started itching. I looked down and saw what I thought was a scab so tried to pick it but it wouldn't come off. On closer inspection I realised that it was a tick! For first hand medical advice I rang the dogs' vet who said to remove it and ring the human vets. There were no morning appointments available but the nurse said if I thought the head had been removed it shouldn't cause me any problems. Nothing like a tick bite to cause major paranoia... I thought the pain in my ankle was the paralysis setting in until Neil told me I had been complaining of the same pain yesterday. I have kept the tick by the front door on a piece of toilet paper in case I collapse and require emergency treatment. When I got home from work Neil asked how the tick site was and I have to admit that I had only given it one brief thought whilst at work.

1 comment: