Dec 22, 2006

Insects, Arachnids and Amphibians

Insects
When I went to bed last night there were a couple of mosquitoes doddering around the ceiling. I thought I would squish them, as is normally my habit, but Nicole was asleep and had been for a couple of hours - splayed out on the bed in her pyjamas, where she had collapsed - and I did not want to disturb her as she had been disturbed last night and had trouble getting back to sleep.

I awoke about 3am with very itchy legs. I got out of bed and liberally applied pawpaw cream to them (yes, pawpaw, not a prickly pear) as this apparently helps, and as I came to reeled in horror at the sight of my poor pins looking like they'd been transplanted from a plague victim.

I overcame my reluctance to squish. I squished.

In the morning I counted the damage. 35+ bits on my legs. They ITCH LIKE MAD.

Arachnids
I don't know whether it's prudent for me to divulge this, so I will circuitously hint and leave NICOLE to CROSS? off any questions you might have, and just say that the VET suggested she call a doctor about her foot. (don't worry, it's nothing serious... hopefully)

Amphibians
I saw my first live cane toads, I think it was the day before yesterday, hopping into the undergrowth in our back garden. They're big buffers, they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment