Apr 12, 2008

She'll Huff and She'll Puff

I'll Huff and I'll Puff Eloise is quite coming along with her reading, or rather her memorisation of books. Reading would be a bit of a push just yet.

We can read Charlie and Lola, for instance, and she can fill in words and sentences.

Or, when she's in bed and supposedly sleeping, she'll get books out and you can hear her making up little stories to go with the pictures. They generally start "One Day" and kind of degrade from there.

She was playing with her blocks the other day with Nicole when to her surprise she correctly identified the letters O and S.

She is also getting a little bit bossy which unfortunately we find quite funny. This probably reinforces the behaviour, which is a bad thing really. Also she generally bosses me about, pushing boundaries I suppose.

We were in the car coming back from somewhere or other and Nicole and I were talking when this voice came from the back "Neil! Stop Talking!" which I duly ignored; soon she was angry at being ignored and shouting at me... we're thinking that ignoring might be the best strategy to nip it in the bud, but I think we'll end up in the Naughty Room.

Or else she will.

No comments:

Post a Comment