Apr 23, 2008

Feeding the Birds

Feeding the Birds Yesterday after our first day back at music - it hardly seemed as though we'd been away - Eloise completely failed to have a rest.

And so, throwing caution to the wind (and leaving the dogs at home) I permitted her to get on her bike and ride her little legs off down to the duck pond for to feed the birds and all that.

And with this inducement in hand and in mind, she was soon pedalling away up the road, strongly resisting my attempts to get her to ride near the side.

"Did you bring the pineapple chunks?" she said half way up the road.

"No, I didn't" I tentatively offered, fearing the worst.

"What about the biccies?" she suggested.

"Nope, we left them at home" I stammered, with a feeling of dread.

She looked at me askance, then looked up the road, uttered "Oh well" and we were off again, to my considerable relief.

So only about half and hour later we arrived at the duck pond where there was a very bold heron who was practically snatching the bread from her hands.

Three slices of bread later we had a satisfied little flocks of ducks, ibises, moorhens and a heron waiting on our every move, but no bread left so we adjourned to do some paddling underneath the bridge where we met Nicole.

Needless to say Nicole was an easy option so Muggins had to carry the pink bike home.

No comments:

Post a Comment