Apr 1, 2008

Afternoon Creek Climbing

Underground Creek Back to Girraween, and after our lunch we drove up a dirt road in Val's Lady's 4x4 with cruise control and all that stuff we've been over before to explore an underground creek.

The creek wasn't really underground as such, but a large overhang of rock had collapsed over it so it was buried beneath tons and tons of huge boulders and trickled away somewhere beneath our feet, affording us views through crevices of rocks, more rocks, and flowing water somewhere deep in what was apparently the bowels of the earth.

So after some time scrambling over that, and decided that our old bones had had enough of a battering we wandered back and visited a waterhole, which was nice, before being forced back to the Day Use Area by biological necessity and thence home again.

On the way back I phoned Mick to see how he'd got on with the electrics and he told me that everything was working and he'd be back on Monday to continue with the project.

So I was a little disappointed to find that the bedside lights didn't work and the bathroom was powerless. Also, later on, we found that the cooker fan and light or distinctly silent, and dim.

The rest of my weekend was spent going to the beach, and wandering around forlorn lonely but not quite bored (and not that lonely really, but I did miss the ladies),

I picked my better two-thirds up from the airport on Sunday, and was jolly glad to have them back. You'll have read Nicole's account of their exploits.

Mick didn't turn up on Monday before Nicole set off for the Nursery, and didn't look for/find the key I left for him or phone me, so it wasn't till I contacted him that I found out that he'd even been.... and he didn't turn up today after I texted him first thing and he told me he would.... tradesmen, eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment