Mar 2, 2008

Autumn

Temperature Rising Eloise woke me up at 6.15 this morning.....gah.

So we went down to the beach for seven, where we paddled around in the shadows then ambled up to the playground and swung and slid and see-sawed around.

Over the past couple of days although it's been sunny and quite lovely really, the wind has changed and become disticntly cooler.

Eloise made friends with some kids and I made friends with their mum, and we chatted about insect bites and what it's like to live at Nudgee Beach for a while while the kids played together and explored the shallows looking for shellfish and worms.

For budgetary reasons - having paid out for my course, flights to New Zealand and accommodation in Auckland - we forewent coffee and chinos, which I must say didn't go down well. Not well at all.

And, momentously fatigued, we got home for 11 o'clock in the morning, and after lunch she baled out bug timr although she'd claimed she wasn't tired.

Me, I was going to have a lie down but I got side-tracked...

Nicole cooked a lovely roast although the sweet potatoes were tragically underdone.

No comments:

Post a Comment