Mar 25, 2008

Scary Bear

Scary Bear On Sunday we went on a long walk around Bunyaville forest to let the dogs stretch their legs.

Previously we'd spotted the Bunya off-leash area, which looked overgrown and fairly interesting from a nosing around in the undergrowrth point of view, but when we went back there on Sunday the overgrowth had been cut back to reveal the actual enclosure in all its non-glory. Basically if was just like the off-leash areas around here are in Brisbane, i.e. crap.

So we went around the corner to the proper forest, me taking the last photos for my homework, and losing my lens cap as I found out later.

It's steep going with a windy path going down into the valley then up the other side and round, probably two and a half of three miles in length, and bless her, Eloise made it a good portion of the way round on her own steam. She had to be carried round the rest of the way in turns by Nicole and me though.

And, later on, having discovered the loss of the lens cap, I decided to do the walk again on Monday, with my eyes on the ground.

We had to sit down a few times for Eloise to rest, and she was in a playful mood, particularly fond of the Scary Bear game where she tries to look scary then inscrutably wants to be chased.

So we had fun toddling round there for a couple of hours.

No lens cap was found though.

No comments:

Post a Comment