Mar 3, 2008

First Day At School

BCPA In a break from tradition I didn't skive my first day at school. In fact I was a little bit early.

This was helped by the fact that Nicole was at school today too, learning about hearts and how to electrify them, and so had the car and dropped Eloise off at nursery.

So I took it easy on the way down, with my rucksack full of cameras and lenses and notebooks and pasta, and toddled along the pavements on the direct route in (you wouldn't catch me cycling down that six-lane highway let me tell you) up hill and down hill until I got there, ascending the stairs concealed behind the otherwise fairly anonymous-looking facade up to the fairly anonymous-looking communal nerve centre.

Soon we were in the first lecture and, no surprise, standing up in front of the class to expain about ourselves.

There are twelve in the class, a couple of teachers, a government worker, a printer, a couple of recent high school grads plus others so a mixed bunch but they seem nice enough.

I learned something about the history of photography today, and we had to give presentations in the afternoon on famous photographers after skimming a book about them for ten minutes. My partner and I did.... oh I can't even remember his name. It was pretty shambolic... but interesting.

Eloise arrived home later with Nicole and it seems she had a couple of accident number 2s at Nursery today which given the monumental meal consumed yesterday wasn't that much of a surprise really. She found it upsetting by all account, which is a pity, but probably part of the "journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment