Mar 13, 2008

Dilly Dallying

Ripples The general dilly-dallying went on as she waded around looking at the fishes and tadpoles. Luckily we'd put some swimming togs on, because she soon fell in and was sloshing about merrily while the dogs went about their business.

We got back after further procrastination on her part and gnashing of teeth, and yes, I admit, swearing on my part at around twenty past ten.

Of course then I remembered that the car needed petrol and we needed to stop off at a cashpoint on the way so we could pay for swimming, so the heat was on really, but in the event we were only a couple of minutes late.

"I like the penguin on your white tee-shirt" Eloise said to Anne the receptionist on the way in.

"Well I like your necklace" said Anne.

"Thank you" said Eloise.

But that's about as far as polite gentility went as Eloise stared at the bloke getting dressed at the same time we changed and asked me all sorts of impertinent questions about him.

And when we got into the pool, all vestiges of compliance went out of the window.

"One of those days" said the rolling eyes of me and the Mums.

Afterwards we went up to Mount Coot-tha where I bought her a huge milk shake. We then found a nice lady who is a Wildlife Carer and had in her baggage, would you believe, an Eastern Grey Kangaroo Joey and a Wallaby Joey.

No comments:

Post a Comment