Mar 6, 2008

Metrosexual

Dusk Skyline Well day two of college is done with, another classroom day, this time on colour photography, where we learned about different camera types (and you wouldn't know what a technical view camera is now would you) and films and all that sort of jazz.

Nicole had the car again (day off) so I was able to ride unencumbered except by my rucksack of equipment, none of which I used. Door to door it was 25 minutes and I went the bike track way this time rather than the footpath way, which was a bit longer but a bit smoother on the old rear end. There are some killer hills though, and my legs were like lead by the end and I was glowing, I mean dripping with sweat, but that was the sun and heat of anything (actually to be honest it was the exertion).

I've now got two assignments to do, and notes to type up and keep in order (we're assessed on them). I am trying not to procrastinate and have typed up some history of photography stuff.

At lunch time I went for a walk around the city for a while trying to raise Nicole on the mobile but she was too busy having what she calls fun to answer, so I blended into the crowd and pretended to be a metrosexual, only to discover that you have to be well-dressed and have "product" in your hair, two criteria on which I fall short. I did have a mobile phone to my ear, which is another key qualification.

Eloise was a bit off colour on Tuesday and spent her music lesson with her thumb in her mouth, refusing to cooperate and feeling a bit flushy, so we had a quiet day and soon she was feeling better. She's back to sleeping quite a lot. As usual, when she doesn't seem well, we attribute it to a growth spurt, so yesterday Nicole went through her clothes and sorted the out-grown ones out to be sent on to some lucky person.

Today was swimming day and the great moment of truth came when Eloise was running the mat - a hilarious activity in which a mat is floated upon the surface of the pool and the kiddies run along it then jump in to the water and swim to Mum or Dad.

Eloise's trick for the past few months has been to run along the mat then come to a dead stop and engineer a safe entrance by climbing gracefully into the pool then push off and swim to me.

Today she ran along the mat, then stopped dead, beckoned to me like Morpheus in The Matrix, and said "I love you!" We all chanted "Jump! Jump! Jump!" (she is famous for her mat abberation) until I held my arms out for her to hold on to my fingers, arms stretched high, and be lowered into the water. She jumped, and at the crucial moment I withdrew my hands so she jumped in and great cheering was had.

And when she did the mat run the second time, she ran along and just jumped straight in.

No comments:

Post a Comment