Mar 6, 2008

Home alone

There was quite a lot of hype associated with my first day off in 18 months. I had no exciting plans and wasn't really too sure what I was going to get up to. I dropped Eloise off at nursery and took the dogs for a walk around Mount Coot-tha, chosen as I was 100% certain of the route and 0% chance of getting lost. The dogs were milding excited by a bush turkey but stayed in sight for the entire walk.

I returned home and cooked some lunch as I was starving. It was too strange sitting up to the table alone so I took my plate and ate in front of the telly. I tidied Eloise's clothes and boxed up the ones that are too small to be sent to Esmee. I made a dental appointment for Eloise and me. Did some gardening in between rain showers. Did some studying. I shyed away from looking around the shops as this ran the risk of expenditure. There was nothing on at the cinema that I fancied.

It was all very mundane but enjoyable. I was in bed before 9pm as I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment