Jan 30, 2007

Ouch - the order of my day

It rained quite heavily last night along with thunder and lightning. I was considering getting up and having a look at the weather out of the window but couldn't be bothered to so must have fallen back to sleep. Poor Tiny was quite upset and barked at the thunder. The dog bowl was full of water so it must have rained a good few inches. The brook was swollen and to be expected the cycle ride was a sweaty one as it was fairly humid.

Ouch 1: It was a short lived ride as I had to be at the dentist by 11:15. It was the first use of our MediBank private healthcare insurance. The dentist was good and are very family orientated so next time I will take Eloise with me to start her induction into dental hygiene. I stopped off at the pharmacy to buy some flouride tablets as the tap water here does not have flouride added.

Ouch 2: On my way home I noticed a sign offering eyebrow waxes for $10. I have noticed that my eyebrows have become very unruly recently in the harsh lights of the toilets at work. The lady was able to see me there and then. To offset the ouch her mum makes little cakes for afterwards. Very nice too.

Ouch 3: After lunch we hot footed it to swimming where Eloise was told she had more enthousiasm than talent. No one seems to have that much talent in our class.

Ouch 4: I finally got around to booking myself into a pilates class. Now, I reckon I am fairly fit. Infact, I noticed the other day at work when I tried the pulse oximeter on my finger that my pulse has reduced from 88 to 74 beats per minute. Well, I was warned that pilates was done differently here. The class is run by a physiotherapist so is clinical pilates. He seemed to spend quite a bit of the lesson correcting me. I decided to book into a class next week as I am anticipating that I will not be able to move tomorrow without being in agony and change my mind about doing another session. I walked over the road to buy some leeks for supper and my leg muscles were trembling. Hopefully, by the end of Febuary I'll be getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment