Feb 22, 2008

Cedar Creek

The Edge of the Pool With Eloise at nursery and the dogs walked, and Nicole at work, I decided to go on a little explore on one of my last days off, sob sob.

I saw some nice photos on flickr of a place called Cedar Creek so I tracked down where it probably was, not too far from here in the Samford Valley, and toddled off up there.

Cedar Creek Road is off the road to Dayboro which we follow when we go to Mount Mee, and as you drive down it, it meanders around dancing a little dance with the creek as it in turn meanders down the valley, crossing over on little bridges with little dirt laybys and parks along the way.

I drove down to the end of the road to find a waterhole there that looked eminently swimmable, judging by the fact that there were people swimming in it, and a beautiful stream there flowing freely and gurgingly after the recent rain.

As I was there the sun came out and all in all I spent a nice couple of hours there exploring the rocky stream and seeing what there was to be seen. No leeches either, which was a bonus.

Unfortunately I left my tripod bag there so after picking up Eloise we had to go back and fetch it, which made me very unpopular.

No comments:

Post a Comment