Jun 16, 2007

Photography Course

Glass On Friday I was a little nervous as I had my interview for the Photography Course at the Brisbane College of Photography and Art.

I walked the dogs while Nicole biked Eloise down to the Nursery, and we got home about the same time.

I spent a little while assembling a portfolio from prints I had picked up the other day. The colour was a little bit off on them - they look OK under sunlight but too red under artificial light - so I was slightly concerned on that score.

A time rolled on, we had lunch then I put on the old M&S suit.

As we set off, I asked Nicole how I looked and bless her she said "your trousers don't match your jacket. Go and get changed."

"Bugger," I said.

I hastily got changed into my cream wedding suit when Nicole came in and said "what are you doing, here are the right trousers."

"Bugger" I said.

Appropriately dressed now, we hammered down the road on the old bikes, coat-tails flying in the wind, and sweat building up in my oxters. I'd forgotten how hot the sun, even the winter sun, can be on a dark jacket! But we only had half an hour to get there so we weren't sparing the horses.

We got there with five minutes to spare, and the interview went fine, and I was told to expect an offer letter in the post in the next three weeks or so, so hurrah!

The course starts next March and runs two days a week for two years. Which is further away than I hoped and slightly longer than I wanted, but never mind. It means Nicole will have to work full time for a little longer than perhaps she anticipated.

Chris flew in from New Zealand later in the day, and we ate pizza, then vegged out in front of the telly to celebrate. Party On...

No comments:

Post a Comment