Jun 17, 2007

End of House Swap

The phone rang this morning, and I lay in bed nursing a headache, as I listened to Nicole having a worryingly sensible sounding conversation that included phrases such as "so what does that mean for us" and "I feel like I should say congratulations."

Trouble's afoot, I thought.

She came through the room, phone still on, and I could hear Ric's voice on the other end of the line.

What's gone wrong now, I thought.

Turns out that Ric and Cate have only gone and found jobs for themselves in Saudi Arabia. So the house swap is or soon will be over, and we need to think about what we're going to do.

Ric and Cate have offered to rent the house to us, but inner city rents are pretty high so we need to consider our options.

We need to think about renting our Ipswich house out. Apparently next door is being sold so their current tennant might be interested in renting our place.

All change...

I've had a migraine all day, unrelated, and I've spent most of the day in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment