Jun 14, 2007

Hurray for holidays

It only seems like a moment ago since I was last on annual leave at the beginning of May but I am so tired and glad for the time away from work. Chris arrives from New Zealand tomorrow afternoon which I am getting excited about. I'm not too sure what we will get up to as the motor is atill at the garage. I keep trying to encourage Neil to buy a bike so Chris can have the house one. Neils rules our finances with an iron... can't think of the expression now, but I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. He would make an ideal Chancellor of the Exchequer if the position is still vacant... rod?

The new working week of 2 x 8 and 2 x 12 hour shifts is better on the whole but exhausting for Neil as he is a lone parent whilst I do my long days. All is well if the child is well, but it can get a bit wearing if not.

I am now chemotherapy competent for boluses. My next target I am setting myself is to do a stem cell transplant. I attended my 2 day preceptor course this week. I had to complete a workbook in advance that took about 8 - 10 hours plus several hours of preparing for a teaching session - I chose folding muslin nappies. It was a good course and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I feel motivated in my extended role.

Tomorrow I will be posting off our forms for permanent residency. Finally after 6 months I have collated all the paperwork. I think it is all there but I have got to the point where I can only see words swimming in front of my eyes and they no longer make sense. If it is wrong in any way I am sure the good people from the Immigration Department will not hesitate in returning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment