Sep 3, 2014

Learn to Swim


Credit where credit is due: my Mother hates water, hates swimming, hates getting her hair wet. So I think that it did take some courage - call it resolve - to get into the swimming pool with Lyra and sing inane songs with the other mums while at the same time preventing toddlers from drowning, and hopefully having fun. If those three things can be carried out at the same time, then something must be going right.

When I do it, I do try to add taking the piss out of the instructor without her noticing, making for four concurrent activities, but then I read somewhere that the human ability to seamlessly multitask is a complete myth anyway. And I've had lots of practice, unlike Mum. So we can forgive her not worrying too much about the singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment