Aug 6, 2009

Zoos

Sentinels Of the Animal and Human kind.

A trip to Colchester Zoo with Mum. My objective is to take photographs of the Orang Utan. Black and White photographs are taken. Eloise feeds elephants and giraffes. She is delighted. It's a lot of fun. It rains, but this does not bother us.

A trip to London with Nicole's Mum. On her birthday. They go to the Natural History Museum. I deviate to view the Houses of Parliament and walk up the river. The weather varies between dull, threatening, and obliquely sunny. Things are being built on the riverside, stubbornly resisted financial crisis.

I meet up with them later. Eloise was supposed to have been delighted by dinosaur skeletons. She has failed to be so. We go on the Kobe earthquake simulator. It is rubbish.

There was a time when the NHM was a scary and fascinating experience... oh to see the world with a child's eyes. It's a nice building though, which I probably didn't notice when I was ten. Or wouldn't have if I'd visited then, if I did, or didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment