Aug 3, 2009

O To Be In England in the Summertime

England in the Summertime I always wished I could get up really early in the morning and feel human.

Well, let's say that I have wished it recently.

A twenty-four hour flight across ten time zones seems to do the trick for a while anyway.

Yes, back to England again, this time in the English summer, with the newspapers ablaze with stories of the heatwave. It's all my brother's fault, I mean how inconsiderate can you be, to announce two weeks before we arrived last time that he's getting married in July.

Anne and Mick picked us up from the Hairport. So back to Gamlingay and the bosom of Nicole's family. A somewhat crowded household as Chris and de-facto-wife-cum-partner-as-she's-totally-like-pregnant to be Nicky - who you'll no doubt remember from such adventures as the time we went to Rainbow Beach with this bird that Nicole's brother had picked up - were in residence, along with Nicky's Mum, who was on hand to handle the soon-to-be-ejected sproglet. There's a bosom reference there which I needn't go into.

So with Anne, Mick, Chris, Nicky, Nicky's Bump, Nicky's Mum Lynne, Nicole, Eloise, Neil and Charlie (the dog) space was at a bit of a premium.

So when I woke up at God knows what time I sneaked out with Charlie and looked at hay bales and admired England's early morning bucolic charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment