May 5, 2008

One more sleep

My mum and dad arrive tomorrow morning at 09:50 - just over 12 hours to go. We have been busy these past weekends getting things prepared for their arrival - buying duvets, rearranging beds, cleaning and shopping for dairy free produce. I even tried to cook a meal this evening in preparation for tomorrow but forgot to buy a couple of ingredients. So the house is tidy but not too clean. We are ready but not too over-prepared.

I last saw my parents in December 2006 when I returned to the UK for my nan's funeral with Chris. They last saw Eloise and Neil in September 2006. Miss Gavin has certainly changed in those 20 months. She is no longer a baby. They will see a big change in her. I am ready for all the comparisons to me when I was her age. In a funny kind of way I think I am quite looking forward to them as every time I look at Eloise I see Neil and wonder where I am as I have offered up 50% of my genetic material to make her but see little of it externally.

Chris is left behind with Nicky in Gamlingay to look after the fort. Chris is now out of plaster and will recommence the land of employment shortly. Lucky that Nicky is over from Brisbane on a long holiday as she is looking after Charlie whilst Chris goes off to Buckinghamshire to work.

We spoke to Matthew, Sam, Maisie and Violet this evening. Eloise and Maisie had a great chin wag on the phone. Eloise was showing Maisie the room where nanny and grandad will be sleeping and suggesting she should come a visit soon too.

It has worked out quite well with me doing this nursing research into pressure ulcer development at the moment as I am able to take all my accrued hours when it suits really. So I have the day off to meet my parents at the airport. It would have been rude not to afterall. Here's to three weeks of tourism, although mum and dad's main attraction is Eloise.

No comments:

Post a Comment