Jan 22, 2008

Up and Running Again

Tree Hugger So point one is computer is back and up and running, and, mysteriously, has acquired a webcam and a totally different, shiny screen, and a couple of extra stickers which sort of makes me suspect that it might not be the same computer at all... but all the software is there and the hard disk is almost full with all my photos so all seems well, and why look a gift horse in the mouth, eh?

And it's great to have it back... gone are the days of waiting half a minute just for Google to load and only being able to do one thing at the same time, though it was nice to be able to do the one thing. So video skype is back on the agenda again. And doing clever things with photos. And Civilization. Yay.

Nicole got offered a research post at work which she's thinking about doing part time so things are moving for her at work as well.

And I've found out that my course is to start on March 3rd. Only fly in the ointment is they're having an orientation day on February 28th, and we're going to need to sort out childcare as it's not a Monday or Wednesday. Oh well if the worst comes to the worst I'll just have to turn up disorienated...

Today I thought we'd go somewhere a bit different so we explored the far side of Bunyaville State Forest and followed a walk down into a valley and across a verdant tree-lined little brook and up the other side. It was nice. Eloise was fascinated by the white rocks the strew (if that's a word) the landscape. If I were a proper Dad I'd probably be able to identify them, but I bluffed instead as I'm inadequate and opted for feldspar. Hah.

Eloise was most helpful later on when we washed my bike, oiled it and inflated the tyres to the optimum pressure for performance cycling before ambling off to the shops and stopping off at the playground on the way back.

Eloise's art is progressing and she's producing some fairly passable whales and lots of repetitive symbols which she insists are numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment