Jan 22, 2008

Career development

I recently put my CV forward for an expression of interest to provide annual leave cover for the haematology and bone marrow transplant clinical trials research nurse team. I hadn't heard anything so just assumed I had been unsuccessful but I bumped into the clinical trials co-ordinator this morning as I was leaving after night duty and found out I have been successful. She needs to talk to the ward manager about the logistics of how it will all work out but it sounds as if I may work with them one day a week initially so I understand the role and what is expected of me. I am feeling very pleased with myself. It sounds as if there is a possibility of a permanent post either full or part time if it all works out.

The ward will soon be advertising expressions of interest for acting clinical nurse (ACN) posts. I have been asked to submit my CV. It is a very good system as nurses are able to act up in the role of CN with support and then apply for CN posts when they become available. It seems as if this is my year to get myself noticed at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment