Oct 18, 2007

Spoke too soon

Recently I worked a long day on a Sunday and it was so quiet that the most exciting thing I did between 15:30 - 19:30 was heat a hot pack for someone. I prefer to be busy and generally find something else to do when we are quiet, but there are only so many times you can tidy the drug cupboard into correct alphabetical order.

This past week things have got busy again, in the allocation I have been working at any rate. Today I have done things I had never done before which has been really enjoyable. I have given fresh frozen plasma and cryoprecipitate whose clotting factors are deranged and I was involved in a clinical trial of transfusing mesenchymal stem cells to a lady with steroid refractory acute graft versus host disease of the gut. The mesenchymal stem cells repair muscle, tendon, cartilage and skin tissue so the hope is to repair the damage caused post transplant. I understand too little but am learning alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment