Oct 25, 2007

Miasma -> Marina

Marina I briefly got out of bed the next day for some supper.

Apparently they had been out to supper the previous night in Wilston, and that day they'd gone to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, where they'd coincidentally bumped into Rachel and Gavin. Well they say it's just a big small town really.

Eloise had had a long day and no sleep and was climbing the walls, so the kind offer of a restaurant was declined and Nicole made a roast which with our oven took a long time to cook to an acceptable level of sterility. Still my veggie flan thingy was nice!

The next day, Monday if I'm right, was music day and I physically couldn't stay in bed any longer as my back was starting to sieze up and I'd finished my book.

In order not to overwhelm the music class with Eloise attendants we let Brendan and Shirley go duo and they seemed to get on fine.

In the afternoon they took Eloise out for a stroll and we went off to meet up with Rachel and Gavin at Manly as they were flying out the next day, which was a nice break for us. ABC Local Radio had a hilarious item on about unwanted house guests which we thought might be apropos to them as they'd been staying with Gavin's sister for two weeks.

We stopped off on the way back to pick up some kebabs as we'd decided to go up the coast the next day to Mooloolaba, and the traffic was ghastly on the way back with a big bushfire on the Gateway Motorway which was casting a great plume over the Eastern horizon.

Turned out Eloise hadn't woken up til 4 o'clock anyway and when we got back they were chatting to Peter from next door, who'd brought round my Lottery winnings.

Yes it's official I'm rich... but no begging letters please, I've spent it all already on coffee and cakes.

I'm buggered if I can remember what we did in the evening unless that was the night we went to the Nepalese restaurant...? Oh yeah, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment