Aug 3, 2007

An Interesting Kind of Day

Paperbark Grove If you call being groped in the woods and getting a flat tyre in a two-day-old car interesting.

Personally I call it crap.

The bit which you'll all think is terribly interesting and are probably really looking forward to in an po-facedly vicarious way isn't all that exciting.

I went for a walk, on my day off, down South to akind of urban forest featured in the Wild Places of Brisbane book (I'll be writing to the editor asking what he means by "Wild." Walking around I got talking to this bloke, as you do. He said he'd show me which way the path went and in a relatively secluded spot and, and pretend-acciedentally touched my you-know-what.

Whereupon, polite until the last, I looked at him and said "Well have none of that monkey business, thanks very much" and stalked off.

And left pretty rapidly.

I drove away to look at a different part of the forest, cursing ad cursing my stupidity at having allowed myself to get into that situation and feeling pretty disgusted at the whole thing.

I parked up and got out of the car to the string smell of aftershave. Good grief.

So I couldn't really concentrate on the walk and decided bugger this I'm going home.

On the way back, sitting in the Pacific Highway traffic jam coming into town, listening to the workingstereo, a couple overtook me waving madly, and opening my window I was told I had a flat tyre.

So I had to get out and change the bloody thing.

Bad luck I suppose.

So interesting, if by interesting you mean an absolute minger.

No comments:

Post a Comment