Aug 8, 2007

Bad week so far

Well, egg on our faces. All the fraudulant transactions took place between 09:30 and 11:00 before we had even arrived at the pool. Note to self: ring and apologise to the swimming pool as I told them my card had been stolen from their changing rooms. So, there has been lots of telephonic activity to Westpac Fraud Team and the Stafford Police. I have been given all the transaction times, amounts and shops. We are looking out for a criminal who is dressed very well from head to toe and is bathed in perfume as the six transactions amounting to approximately $800 was spent at a variety of clothing and perfume stores. I am on a 12 hour shift tomorrow so Neil will be presenting my prepared crime sheet to the police station tomorrow.

I had a terrible day on Monday at work. I had been feeling unwell over the weekend and was still under par. I don't need to bore you with the details here or risk breaking confidentiality but it was basically a breakdown in communication. I ended up in tears on the ward which hasn't happened to me since my very early days. Faye told me she was glad I was still able to care enough about my job to burst into tears. Every cloud...

On a positive note I transfused my first ever stem cell transplant a couple of months ago with cells that had been delivered that morning from San Diego. Despite the above paragraph work is going well and I still love it. I have also completed my venepuncture and had two out of two successes on the ward.

My visa is up for renewal at the end of this month. There are delays in processing. I wonder why? So the renewal is a little more stressful than we were led to believe. Go on, bring it on, we are loving stress in this household, lets see how much we can cope with.

No comments:

Post a Comment