Jul 28, 2007

Eloise Related Fun

Reach It's a long time ago, but I'm trying to remember what we did at the start of the week, because it's all a bit of a flurry at the moment.

Nicole had three days off, and on Monday we went to music (did I mention that Eloise has started singing?) on the bikes. We arrived and would have been on our own if it weren't for another older kid who had a make-up class (that's a class she goes to because she couldn't make another one, rather than a diversification into cosmetics).

Eloise demonstrated her essential qualities by shamelessly hoarding all the little toys, refusing to co-operate with us, and crapping herself. But she had a great time as we all jumped around and danced in hoops. Nicole had the temerity to mock my horse-trotting dance, which was apparently more like Ska. I ask you.

Nicole had booked some tickets for a kiddy performance art performance thing down at the State Library on Wednesday, and we toddled down to that.

It was an adaption of a book called "Cat," the details of which I won't bore you with except to say it's about a day in the life of a cat, and to be frank I was struggling to see how it could be made into anything approaching entertainment, but in actual fact it was really good.

The cast consisted of two women and a man who, well, pretended to be cats and dogs and mice and so on and sang songs and generally jumped about and danced and sang smiled and all that stuff that kids apparently find engaging.

The set was quite innovative not that I know jack about these things, consisting of a large circular area decked out like a garden with three paths converging at the centre, and the audience sat in the areas of lawn (not real lawn) between the paths.

We went to the café at the Library afterwards for nice sandwiches and coffee and then to the Museum. I had another escalator-related incident where my shoelace got caught at the bottom. Embarrassingly.

Nicole was at work on Thursday so E and I toddled around, walked the dogs, went swimming and went up to Mount Coot-tha for a coffee. Nicole had left me a list of things to do, damn her eyes, and I got most of the stuff done, like chase up the car finance company to see what was going on, wash stuff, blah blah blah. My hit rate was exceptional until we were just about to go out to get Eloise's amber necklace fixed (not on the list, before you ask) when I was appropriated by Paul across the road for some technical support, which turned into an hour-long job, while Eloise played with some little friends that Carol was babysitting.

Then Eloise insisted on calling in on Val, where we had coffee (I should be an insomniac) and I ticked "Envelope for Council Tax" off the list.

The car is looking good for Wednesday. We sorted out the insurance yesterday. It's tremendously cheap here compared with Blighty. We'd pay £500+ for insurance there, here it's about £150.

Go to go. I can hear squeaks from the number two bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment