Jul 15, 2007

Beaches and Stuffed Animals

Azure Nicole's had a could of days off and while Eloise was at nursery on Friday we made the most of it and went to see Harry Pot Pot and the Order of the Pheonix. I must say I thought it was very good, probably the best one yet, but I quite like Imelda Staunton (not in that way, mind) and the action wizard-fight thingummybob at the end was pretty cool.

I am developing a deeply worrying tendency to utter Americanisms like "Awesome" and "Cool." I don't really know why, it's quite distressing. I apologise.

Friday night was crime night as usual and we sat through Taggart and Ghost Squad. I can't believe I've sat through a whole series of Taggart, I never liked it before and I haven't started now. I got some sort of perverse satisfaction from sitting through Midsomer Murders, just for the sake of Nicole's eyebrow-raising, but a new series has started and I sort of came a little bit close to looking forward to it. Worrying worrying.

On Saturday we went to the beach and then to the café as we seem to be doing on Saturdays now. I had a hunger-related sense of humour failure though which was a pity because the weather was nice.

Today I was knackered and Nicole was back at work. I took the remaining ladies down to the brook and we played on the swings etc, before labouring our way back home for lunch. Eloise walked all the way, at an average speed of about 500 metres an hour I reckon. It's getting pretty warm during the day, which lulls you into a false sense of security cos it really chills down at night, but while the sun's out it's really nice.

After lunch I put Eloise to bed and put some washing on before lying down for a nap myself, but she woke up twenty minutes later, rather scotching my cunning plan.

So instead we went to the Queensland Museum and wandered, well ran around goggling at stuffed dinosaurs, turtles, crocodiles, emus, lions, tigers, polar bears, kangaroos, hairyplanes, frogs, snakes, all sorts of things. There were buttons to push and lights and sounds that came on when you pushed them. Eloise was in seventh heaven, she really had a great time. Of course the hairyplanes weren't stuffed.

Nicole who was on a 12-hour shift today by contrast was ordered to go for a lie down half way during the day and is totally exhausted. Poor dear. And I don't mean that sarcastically before you start rolling your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment