Jul 3, 2007

Another Photo Field Trip

Inside the Dome I'm struggling to remember what we did on Saturday... it was such a memorable day, obviously; I'd like to say it was on the tip of my tongue, but it isn't. The more I think about it, the less it seems we did, although I'm pretty sure when I cast my mind back that Doctor Who was involved, and filling in a form to convert our mortgage in the UK to allow us to lease the house.

In fact Andrew from the Halifax was very helpful, and it needn't cost us a bean, but we're going to go for a fixed rate mortgage so there's a fee involved. Never mind.

We've decided to buy a car, as we'll need one anyway, and we might as well get one sooner rather than later. We're going to get one on a lease which allows us to pay it out of Nicole's pre-tax pay, which works out to be very good value. So over the next week or so we'll set the wheels in motion on that.

Doctor Who was quite good after the frankly appalling Christmas Special which aired here on Thursday night. Chris went and watched the rugby at Crusher's rather than watch it. No accounting for taste.

On Sunday we got up bright and early for a Photographic Field Trip to the Coot-Tha Botanical Gardens again. Chris came along and did a great job of looking after Eloise which left me relatively free for camera-geekery. There was a nice lookout with a great view over forest to the City, then we walked around a bit, encountering some totem poles, then past the Japanese Gardens.

Chris had taken Eloise over to the restaurant when she demanded Baby Chino so I went over there and we had a gluttonous lunch of chips sandwiches and cakes washed down with coffee (babychino for Eloise).

After that we wandered around the Tropical Dome (see pic above) for a bit, meeting up with the snappers again, before they went home or wherever they were going next.

We were pretty tired after all that so mostly we turned in for an early night.

Nicole was at work yet again on Monday, volunteering for another long 12-hour day as the ward is short-staffed, and Chris, Eloise and I spent the morning at Samford Forest before dropping Chris off in town for to book some bus travel and actually see Australia while he's here.

He's bought himself 5,000km of bus travel which should see him right, I don't know if he'll make it to Uluru but he might manage Adelaide then back along the Coast Road. It looks like he'll be leaving for Byron Bay tomorrow.

I had three tasks to complete today. One was to send the form off to the Halifax. Completed successfully. Two was to buy a Queensland Highway Code equivalent. Completed successfully, after visiting five newsagents. Three was to pay the deposit for my Photography Course, which I embarrassingly failed at as there is a $1000 daily spend limit on our account. Bummer! Still I've upped it now so I'll try it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment