Jul 12, 2007

The Art of Camouflage

The Art of Camouflage Need to work a little on this hiding thing; although she's very enthusiastic, I'm not sure she grasps the essentials of not being seen though around the house she'll hide behind curtains or hanging towels to much better effect.

Nicole's on nights at the moment, and the cold I've been whinging about for the last few days has conventiently come right out in full effect in my nasal passages at the same time so I'm wandering around like a zombie getting through several hankies a day and feeling a bit buggered really.

Still not to let that put us off! We went swimming yesterday for the first time in yonks. Lots has changed; they've stopped doing baby classes in the afternoon and Valerie our excellent previous coach has gone and got herself a "proper job."

So a different day, a different time of day, and a different teacher. Eloise hasn't forgotten her skills though and is still very enthusiastic. And the new coach Judy is actually really good, very enthusiastic, very engaging.

Afterwards we went up to Mount Coot-tha and had a chino and cake there. A couple of girls were sat next to us with plates of chips... they left with the plates almost untouched so I thought why not help ourselves. So we did, Eloise sat on my lap.

Shortly afterwards while we were in our/my feeding frenzy, a strange thing happened as a warm sensation started spreading across my lap and down my legs.

We made a reasonably sharp exit, and not too much of a puddle. Serves me right for keeping Squeaky in pants for too long outside. And for borrowing chips. OK... stealing them.

Still, on the subject of camouflage, my shorts covered up the damp marks very well and I don't think anyone noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment