May 29, 2007

The Scrabble Ashes

A couple of months ago Bronwyn and I were working together and one of our patients was playing scrabble with his wife to while away the boredom post trasplant. Bronwyn told me she routinely scored over 300 when she played. So I told the story of how Neil beat his nan once and no one ever beat her. We decided upon a scrabble Ashes.

Finally, we organised a date and Bronwyn and Scott came over. There was a subtext of Bronwyn meeting Eloise as she had offered to babysit for us and we have organised an evening out next month. Luckily, I had made a quiche before we popped out otherwise we would have been eating vegemite sandwiches.

The game of scrabble itself was pretty poor. We all had rubbish letters. Bronwyn and Neil managed to just about scrape past 100 points. Scott and I were some way behind a 100 points. Luckily we weren't rigorous about the Ashes rules and only played one game.

No comments:

Post a Comment