May 8, 2007

Back to Work....

Nexus Through the veils of sleep and torpor at some time this morning that I assume was around six thirty I felt a kiss on my lips.

Through the veils of sleep and torpor at some time this morning that I know was around seven thirty I heard "Daddy! Daddy!" percolate to my consciousness.

Through the veil of torpor I made coffee and toast and watched children's TV. Back to work.

Wide awake and fully alert, we drove out to Samford Forest and walked up the hill, swatting the legions of mosquitoes that had awoken after last night's light rain.

Eloise was starting to look sleepy and torporous around eleven thirty so I read her a couple of books - "Gol-dee-docks" - and put her to bed. She was quiet for about half an hour then banging could be heard, so I left her for another half and hour to see if she would go back to sleep. She wouldn't.

We went swimming and Eloise made more progress with monkeying. Jumping in is still the high point for her. Valerie the swimming instructor is keen that she slow down and not be quite so enthusiastic about everything, mainly her suicidal instincts.

While Nicole was at Pilates exercising herself silly we went out for a walk down the road and looked at the house being built around the corner. The timber frame has gone up very quickly. A month or so ago it was just bare earth. We walked round to the football field where lots of kids were practicing, and made it back home for dark. The sky at dusk was very pretty, and I took this photo of the wonky telegraph pole opposite our house.

We ordered a pizza, which Nicole picked up on her way back from Pilates. We ate it.

That, dear readers, is the story of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment