May 13, 2007

Australian Mothers' Day

I made sure I had a day off today so I could be thoroughly spoilt on Mothers' Day. I was given a big box of Belgium chocolates that we all tucked into before breakfast. Yummy.

We packed up a requisite packed lunch of peanut butter sandwiches and headed off for a bicycle ride to Nudgee Beach along the Kedron Brook bicycle trail. This is usually a journey we make in the car and akes us about half an hour. It was an overcast day so perfect for a bike ride. I have a monitor on my bike which records distance and speed. It is 17km to Nudgee Beach. We averaged about 9.5km per hour overall. It took us just under 4 hours to make the return journey. Once we got past Toombal the trail took us through wetlands which are interesting.

Eloise went straight to bed without a murmur. I'm not too sure why she is so tired as she didn't expend much energy in her bike seat. Although she kept Neil busy asking for "e i" - Old MacDonald has a farm. Pig and cow seem to be her favourite verses. Neil is complaining of being saddle sore. The dogs have taken themselves off to a quiet corner of the house and look absolutely exhausted. Matilda seems to be shedding a little of her extra flesh gained during the period of quarantine and I am sure I could feel her ribs this evening. I am about to head off to bed with my book but I don't think it will take too long for my eyelids to start drooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment