May 21, 2007

Dawn... not just a girl's name

I was incredibly impressed when Neil got out of bed with me when my mobile phone alarm went off at 05:30 on Sunday morning. I was planning to make him a cup of coffee and leave it on his side of the bed when I left at 06:30. It was lovely to have the company of Neil and Eloise for breakfast, even if they were both looking a little dazed.

Neil has made a suggestion that we endeavour to get up earlier in the mornings as "otherwise it is a waste of the day" as it is dark by 17:30 here during the autumn months. Is this the man I married? And James, before you say it, it is not me that is changing your brother. I set my alarm clock for 07:30 this morning but was woken about 07:00 by Matilda asking to go out into the garden. Then much to my surprise I heard Miss Gavin padding about in her room. I thought she might settle in bed with Neil and I but she was keen to get going. What have we done? Is this the end of the lie ins to which we have become accustomed?

1 comment: