Apr 24, 2007

Sing With Mother, Swim with Father

A World of Her Own Um... Monday, Nicole covered music as she enjoys it and I took the dogs out for walk down at the Brook. Matilda was quite well behaved outbound but there were a couple of episodes of wandering with selective hearing on the way back. I think those big flappy ears of hers make her deaf. Nicole disagrees.

This strategy was on the basis that when Nicole was at work in the afternoon we, the remaining, left behind, might be able to do something nice. As it was I was knacked and so was Squeaky. She went to sleep quite readily and I pootled round for a bit, then decided to have a lie down. Needless to say at that point Eloise woke up.

The afternoon was a blow out in the end. We went shopping and I got a new SIM card. I had to wait until today for a really cheap phone. I spent a whole $55 on it.

Today we went up to Samford Forest - it is Tuesday after all and Nicole says she's noticed that we go up there every Tuesday (not that we do) so I feel a strange need to prove her right... without a phone or a watch (which I forgot to wear) I kind of lost track of time, and we got back to the car after two and half hours. The dogs were exhausted, and so were we. Steep climbing to be done there.

So lunchtime naps were again curtailed, which is becoming a pattern, before we had to set off for swimming.

Developmental advances of note are the construction of sentences ("Cows eating grass!") which may also cover elementary conjugation of verbs, and discovery of pockets and use of them to store, for instance, dog treats. Also combing of hair, games in the mirror, ordering around of dogs and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment