Mar 13, 2007

Water

The Lagoon As the drought continues - despite the rain which seems to fall as much if not more here than in Ipswich - the level of water restriction here is to rise again to Level 5.

As far as we can tell this means that we aren't allowed to wash the exterior of the house anymore, and we aren't allowed to wash the car, unless it's at a car wash.

Nicole had heard a rumour that houses will be limited to 120 litres usage per day, but we can't find evidence of that, and it doesn't sound achievable anyway.

Today's activities were predominantly water based by coincidence.

Nicole took Eloise and the dogs down to the brook for a morning walk. I woke up with a headache and lolled around in bed for a while, waiting for painkillers to work. After a while enough was enough so I walked down and joined the rest of the gang.

When Nicole went to work, I laid down and had a kip while Eloise was sleeping and felt much better after that.

Then to swimming, for which we were five minutes late. I sat Eloise on the side of the pool while I climbed in down the ladder. By the time I was in, she had jumped in, and proceeded to spend the next twenty minutes in a state of high manic excitement, shouting and roaring and splashing and juming. "She sounds like she's possessed" said a Mum. "Good job she's getting her exorcise then" I said. I don't think she understood.

Then into the city to the South Bank for a photography field trip by the river. I expect to find out over the next few days how many photos were taken of Squeaky. I expect it was quite a few. She was on top form, sitting on the edge of pools dangling her legs and generally being quite charming.

We all hung around the rainforest walk for quite a while photogtaphing waterfalls. Then a group went to practice their panning technique on passing joggers on the waterfront path. "Jogger!" would go up the cry and a bevy of cameras would point at the unsuspecting runner.

Eloise ran into a bunch of Japanese tourists and we had to do another of our photo calls. Coos of delight went up as I gave Eloise my camera and she pointed it at the papparazzi.

We went up to the playground and Eloise played on a big see saw with some more Japanses children.

We saw them on the artificial beach later as we drank our strawberry milk, and E went down to play with them for a while.

The light was fading pretty fast, so we met up with the rest of the group and headed back. For me it was pretty disappointing from the photographic point of view, as I forgot my tripod, but with the little interloper running around like a maniac I think I had my work cut out for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment