Oct 14, 2011

Sleepover

We had Eloise's friend Hannah over for a sleepover at the weekend. Like Eloise, Hannah is... spirited.

There was fun and games, especially around bedtime when they got out a huge stuffed toy snake and proceeded to tie me up with it and assault me. I had a bit of a Tom Jones moment when they started throwing underpants at me, but the less said about that the better.

Anyway they were in bed by nine o'clock or so and things were quiet for a while and I thought that the amazing had happened and they had actually gone to sleep.

But my complacency soon found me out and it seemed that Eloise was not for sleeping, but rather for craft-related secret activity, and general frolicking.

I removed her from the room around 11 o'clock and posted her into the "guest" bedroom but she came and looked at me and said "Sleepovers are about spending time with your friends, you know."

"Well you can go back in there but it's time for sleeping now. Sleepovers are after all for sleeping."

At 12.30am I removed Eloise forcibly once more.

Within 30 seconds both were asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment