Oct 11, 2009

Soaking

Time and the Tide It hasn't rained here for a long long time.

We worked it out the other day, and erroneously made it the time we got rained on at the Ekka though actually it rained on the way up to Noosa for that weekend. That rain may not have come to Brisbane.

It rained a bit last Wednesday, just enough for me to wangle a lift home with the bike in the back of Nat's Ute. But that didn't amount to much.

Today though the rain arrived in a more committed fashion.

So our lightbulb moment was to go to the Sunshine Coast.

It was raining at Mooloolaba too. We sat in the car and ate our sandwiches.

We wandered over the rocks for a bit. It was a high tide and a little hairy.

The girls went up to the lookout for a toilet trip. I heard some sort of vague shout from up there and turned around to have a look from my well-back-from-the-action boulder.

A large wave enveloped me from behind, almost pushing me from my now-submerged-and-well-and-truly-part-of-the-action boulder into the tumult which now coursed around my poor jeans.

Lucky we brought a change of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment