Oct 3, 2009

The Scenic Rim is Dark

The Scenic Rim is Dark When we went over the mountains with Will and Janelle, or rather behind them, I was struck by the cragginess and general impressiveness of the whole thing.

It so happens that Nicole had bought a book for me for Father's Day not long ago about walks in South-East Queensland and I've been having a look through it on the odd occasion and seeing places to go around where we crossed the mountains that looked like they might be interesting.

One of which looks to be a nightmare walk of about four hours so not really one for the good light when the sun is low in the sky but has potentially mind-buggering scenery (to quote Douglas Adams).

Another of which looked to be a doddle walk of about five minutes so definitely one for the good light.

So off I went through Beaudesert and down through Boonah and out to the Moogerah Peaks National Park and Mount French.

The traffic in Brisbane was murder and I thought I was doomed but I made it to the lookout a little while after the sun set and the views were pretty far- and wide-reaching with the Scenic Rim of volcanic remnants drifting off into the darkening haze in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment