Dec 7, 2008

Rehearsals

Storm Coming On Thursday Eloise had a dress rehearsal at the Conservatorium for her dancing concert.

I dropped Her Ladyship off with Her mother at the South Bank and toddled up to Kangaroo Point to see what was what.

A photographer for the Courier Mail was up there waiting for that day's storm to come in (we're getting a storm most days it seems at the moment) and we got chatting about this and that, his time in Afghanistan and so on.

We were keeping a weather eye, as it were, on the hills behind Mount Coot-tha where it was looking somewhat gloomy and before long we started to see the odd flash of lightning.

I had been expecting the ladies to be quite a while but it was at this point that I got the message that they were ready to be picked up so I bade my farewells and hopped into the car just as the rain arrived.

Pretty soon it was bucketing down and the traffic was at a standstill. The drive that had taken me three minutes an hour previously took the best part of an hour or more through driving rain and wind. I was glad I was indoors.

I might take up storm chasing though, it could be fun.

By the time I got to the rendez-vous point the ladies were a little bedraggled, and I sensed slightly miffed at my tardiness. And the traffic wasn't nearly so bad on the way home either.

No comments:

Post a Comment