Dec 21, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a Bright Christmas

Rest Christmas is fast approaching, though with 37 degree heat the other day and otherwise temperatures pretty high and lots of sunshine it doesn't feel very Yule-ish.

Still on Monday I went out and did a spot of shopping after nearly annihilating my legs on the steep slopes of outer Mt Coot-tha. I'd like to say it was fun, but I would be lying. Bah humbug.

Nicole had days off on Tuesday and Wednesday so we walked the dogs and such-like things and did some more shopping... bah humbug.

On Tuesday we went to Music for the last time. Eloise will be going to childcare three days a week next year which only leaves room for two activities. And music is the casualty. Never mind. It was the one she enjoyed least and to be honest for an adult was always a reasonably painful experience.

On our way out on Wednesday I had the car started to get the air-con going whilst Nicole strapped Eloise into her chair. I thought Nicole had seen a scary animal or something when her screaming started and after only a short hesitation got out of the car and legged it around to find her finger trapped in the window! So I hoofed it back again to the driver's seat and opened the window for her whilst Valerie magically appeared, responding to the supersonic call to arms.

It seems that Eloise had decided to close the window on poor Nicole's fingers - well obviously she didn't know her fingers were in there - and Nicole couldn't get the window open again (as I had switched the engine off to go and see what the problem was).

She was left with a pretty good dent in her finger, but with ice and an anti-inflammatory and being left alone whilst Eloise and I went about my business all was well in the end. Though it hurt for a couple of days... but there doesn't seem to be even any bruising. Which is of course a Good Thing.

And that's the event for the week.

Other than Eloise's inauguration into the world of cinema which was achieved today in a trip to see Madagascar 2. A post mortem revealed that she didn't think much of the film but quite rated the whole Experience. I quite liked the film actually, well sort of anyway. I found it a bit difficult to get over the whole African savannah wildlife talking with American accents thing.

That was the other event of the week.

I remember my first cinema experience was Star Wars, but then they don't make them like they used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment