Feb 8, 2007

Wildlife

Waiting We went up to Samford Forest today to do the long walk and let Nicole have some sleep after her night shift.

It was the first time in the backpack for while for E and she is getting quite heavy! The path is pretty steep in places and I had to stop to catch my breath a few times.

Of course when Eloise wanted to get down and climb the hill progress slowed to a complete standstill, and the dogs would cast about and then we would end up waiting for them.

We saw two interesting wildlife events: firstly a dragonfly being taken by an ant colony and slowly being dismembered which you can see here, secondly a snake (aaagh! a snake) which slithered remarkably rapidly through my peripheral vision within a metre of my feet, and straight past Matilda, who thankfully couldn't find it. It was green in colour and I reckon about three feet long. The internet reckons it was probably a Green Tree Snake. It certainly brightened up my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment