Jul 22, 2010

lucent lake

lucent High cloud blew in the other day, the kind where it's not quite a blank sheet but has waves and regular repeating patterns, so I determined to go off and take photos at sunset in the hope that conditions would prevail.

Reflections are nice, so I though I'll find a lake, and Lake Samonsonvale isn't too far.

Naturally Eloise point blank refused but Nicole came home in good time for work so I toddled off in the hope of being back for tea.

So half an hour by the side of a lake watching the sun go down, no waves lapping at my feet, just a couple of ducks and a pelican messing around on the water.

The low clouds were pretty just as the sun went down but then the high cloud lit up and for a while there was a blanket of red covering half the sky.

I got back just as tea was put on the table.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment