Jun 22, 2010

Sports Day

Tugowar The Preppies had their sports day the other day.

It had been extensively trailed with Eloise demanding that she get to wear her red house shirt for several days beforehand, each day she was absolutely certain that today was sports day.

And needless to say when sports day finally arrived she point blank refused to wear it.

So we kicked off the day with conflict, oh hurrah, but we worked through that like intelligent human beings. Well, I say like.... I mean unlike really.

Sports Day itself took place on the oval (it's square) in front of the school with several sub-marquees laid out in front of the track of competitive glory.

There was just one track and field event, the dash, which was carried out in a series of girls and boys heats. Eloise ran bravely but ultimately unsuccessfully, what with being a minimus of knotted slipgrass made and only possessed of little leglets.

The second event was the tug of war which was a house-based event, so it was Patterson (blue) vs the one whose name I can never remember.... Lawson. I don't recall who won, but then it was Gordon's (red) turn and up Eloise went to tug away with her cohort and bravely lose to the other team who might have been blue or green.

Then it was Mums vs Girls. I think the Mums lost.

Then it was Dads vs Boys. I'm pretty sure the Dads lost. I didn't really apply myself.... I think the idea was to let the little hordelets win.

So there you go. Sports Day number one, done and dusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment