Sep 13, 2007

Medical Attention

Tiny On Monday we went into the city to have our medicals for our sponsored visa renewal.

The permanent visa people took our money several months ago and that's the last we heard from them. What with the Gold Coast doctor visa rumpus they're probably busy taking immaculate care over everything. Never mind.

So we were prodded and poked around, though apparently in different ways, and Eloise got her clean bill of health, which was duly delivered to the immigration people.

I couldn't get mine because I didn't put my passport back in the proper place so Nicole assumed she had it when in fact she didn't. Nicole couldn't get hers because her urine sample was not up to scratch due to ladies' rhythms.

The other medical incident of note (other than Nicole's daily medical extravaganza) was an animal one.

Eloise and I on Wednesday went out to do some shopping and I suddenly remembered I had a library book to take back, so we nipped back in the car to get it.

I let myself into the kitchen and Tiny trotted up the hall to see me, whereupon her back legs gave out beneath her. She dragged herself across the floor using the momentum of her trot before winding up on her back with her legs waving in the air completely unable to get up.

It was two hours after our walk and I thought "Paralysis Tick" and before you could say Jack Black I had her in my arms and out to the car whereupon we legged it to the vets to the soundtrack of Chicane.

Anyway to cut a medium-length story short it looks like it might have been an epileptic fit, and there's not a lot to be done about that unless it happens every day. Apparently it's quite common in whippets.

Unless of course it was just dead legs from sleeping. Maybe that's common in whippets, I wouldn't know.

Anyway Eloise got given a balloon at the vet's, and it was a cracking balloon actually, giving great joy as it was blown around by the wind, before it was burst, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment