Aug 3, 2008

Fun In the Sun

Fishy Today we decided to go up to the Sunshine Coast and do some swimming and/or sunbathing and/or dogwalking and/or beach-play type stuff.

After only one false start when we decided to go back and fetch the sunscreen (it's winter here don't you know) we got to Dicky Beach at Caloundra about an hour later and soon were ensconced next to our favourite lagoon.

It's salt water but seperated from the sea itself by a kind of sand bar thingy, so in theory the sun shines on it and it gets very warm and this is certainly true in the summer, but not today where the temperature struggled to make it to more than about 23 or so - hold on whilst I check that against the UK.... oh, is it summer over there?

But notwithstanding all that the water was pretty cold so no more than adult toes got dipped whereas Eloise waded in up to her neck for laughs as she made friends with local puppies and children.

Me, I put my hat over my face and closed my eyes and let them get on with it, and I'm pleased to report that the mild sunburn I sustained to my legs has now abated.

No comments:

Post a Comment