Nov 21, 2006

Good Verbing!!!

One of the things I despise about these parenting things is the clichés wot get adopted by parents. The ones that have been adopted here from the US of bleeding A seem to be "Good Job!" which as far as I'm concerned is something that's said to sign-language-talking gorillas, and what I've come to term "Good Verbing" which is the one where whatever basic skill it is that your child is performing, you congratulate them by spouting "Good breathing, Gobspot!!" or "Good sweating, Blister!!" or "Good scratching, Knobfoot!!"

I have shared these feelings with Nicole on many occasions and I thought she agreed with me as we snickered along to the "Good sharings" and "Good crawling" horrors it's been our displeasure to witness.

Whilst I was on the side of the pool watching Nicole and Eloise have their fun today, imagine my mixed feelings of delight, terror, glee, and disgust when Nicole's dulcet tones proclaimed "Good Walking, Eloise!!" shortly before she covered her mouth and looked around to see if anyone had noticed...

No comments:

Post a Comment